NEWS:

to see photos from korea, click here

Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Body Clock is Whack

Every summer I have had a job that has required me to wake up really early. Because of that, I can wake up at sunrise no problem in the summer. When it’s not summer, I don’t need to be at work super early because my classes started anywhere between 9-10am. Being the social butterfly I am, I could be found anywhere except my bed at the wee hours in the morning. I usually went to bed around 2 or 3am.

Since I’ve been here, falling asleep and waking up early has been so easy. I even adjusted to the crazy time change without a hitch. The past couple of weeks I’ve noticed its gotten harder and harder to fall asleep at night, and wake up in the morning. It’s really annoying, especially when things die down around here around 10pm, and I want to go to bed. For the past two weeks, I find myself lying awake early into the morning, not able to fall asleep. I’ve been trying to figure out why, that is. My first though was, “is it possible for jet leg to come 2 months late?” But after further investigation, I realized that its September now…time for the late collage night life to start, right?

Could it be that my body is telling me that it’s fall, and its ready to stay up late and hang out with friend…I mean do homwork? Well, if that’s the case, that’s got to change…cause its freaken annoying! So, today (Saturday), I started a new plan to correct my whack internal clock. I’m going to wake up early and attend the 6:15 bible study with the pastors here. Today was the first time I went, and it was great. It was Hisashi sensei, Hiromitsu sensei, and myself. After the bible studies, I will (and I did) go for a run, followed by some weight free workouts in my apartment. My hope is that by waking up early, getting my body going, I will have more productive mornings, and by the time 10 or 11pm comes around, I’ll be ready to crash.

If you know me well, you know that I have never really done anything like this. If you know me even better, you may remember the times that I have attempted to start some sort of work out plan. My record for keeping it going is 3 weeks. So, in a month, if I have not updated you, send me an email and ask me how my morning schedule is workin out…pun…nice.

Peace out Fri-‘n-fam (Friends and Family)

No comments:

Post a Comment