NEWS:

to see photos from korea, click here

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Vacation Part 1: Yokohama

In a previous post, I mentioned that on Christmas Eve I hopped on a night bus bound for Yokohama. Today, I will pick up right where I left off.

I was going to Yokohama to spend Christmas with my family down there. For those of you that do not know, my mom’s younger brother James lives there with his wife and 2 daughters. He too is an English teacher, but with many more years of experience. After my last visit down there in August, I was invited to come back for Christmas. It would have been nice to get down their earlier, but when you are on staff at a church; it is a little difficult to be gone at Christmas time. None-the-less, I arrived on their doorstep at 7:30 Christmas morning.

The bus ride was much better this time then last time. Unlike last time, I had no one sitting next to, or in front of me. I did not need to worry about someone reclining their seat into what was already zero legroom. I could also stretch out across my two seats. The unfortunate part of this first leg of my trip was that my cousin Cellie, and Aunt Sayuri were sick, and my other cousin Ellie had to work. I got to see everyone, but it made it a bit more difficult to do stuff because everyone’s energy was a low. But, it was nice to be there with family, catch up and talk and get to know my uncle a little more.

We went to church on Christmas for a Christmas candle light service in the evening, and then the next day (Sunday), there was a little coffee house concert by Japanese Gospel singer, Migiwa. I met Migiwa about 4 years ago when she stayed at my Mormor and Pa’s (grandma and grandpa on my mothers side) house for a month. It was nice to see her again, and chat for a little bit before she played.

Monday was nice and relaxed. We didn’t do anything or go anywhere, but it was really great because it was the first day in a long time where I didn’t need to be anywhere doing anything. So I got to let my body relax and recover from the busy month. Awwww…vacation, what a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment