NEWS:

to see photos from korea, click here

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Eastern Japan Earthquake | Quick 'I'm okay' message

If you are friends with me on facebook, you have hopefully heard or read that I am ok, and that the town that I am living in was not devastated by the tsunami or earthquake. All of us here at the church feel so blessed and protected by God that no major damage happened here. Here are a few pictures of where I’m at, as you will see, these pictures should calm your nerves compared to what you hear and see on TV.

Our power just turned on yesterday, so now we have Internet and we can communicate. I am unsure of how long we will have this luxury, considering down the road about 20 or 30 min reflects the images you see on TV. We are expecting and prepared/ready for another big earthquake.

Since Fridays disaster, I have constently been thinking and reminding myself how lucky I am and how blessed we are to have water, electricity, and a church family that can come together in this time of sorrow. I will share my story through on this blog when I have time and electricity. I want to share what it was like experiencing a 3 min 9.0 mag earthquake, and how I have been spending my days preparing for the worst, when our current situation could not be better under these devastating circumstances.

Please continue to pray for the safety of the relief workers as they work long hours helping find and save victims.

My apartment is still in good shape!
Even the scary wall outside my window stayed intact...but its a little scary to sleep there with earthquakes still happening...

...so I've been sleeping and spending my days here at my church with friends
A few pics of church property...as you can see, all looks safe :)



No comments:

Post a Comment