NEWS:

to see photos from korea, click here

Saturday, November 6, 2010

An Afternoon with the Endo's

The first member of the Endo family I met was Hinako. She is a very bright, energetic and friendly 7-year-old girl who stepped into my English class with lots of confidence. I met the rest of the family on a Sunday morning at church. Hinako has a 4 year old brother named Ryuichiro and the parents are Shigeyoshi and Humie. Shigeyoshi joined one of my adult classes in early September. Through weekly English classes with Hinako and her Father along with spending time together at church, their family and I have established the makings for a solid friendship.

For the past few weeks, the Endo san approached me and invited me over for either lunch or dinner. A week or two went by and we finally found a day that worked, Monday afternoon. They told me they would pick me up at 3:30 and we would just go from there. After they picked me up, we went back to their house. When I walk in the door, I was greeted by the smell of apple pie being cooked in the oven. While we waited for the pie to finish baking, I played memory with the Hinako and Ryu.

Some time went by, and when our stomachs started rumblin, we all piled in the car and made our way to a とんかつ (ton katsu, deep fried pork) shop for dinner. It was very delicious, which made sense because they told me it was rated the second best ton katsu shop in Sendai. When we had our fill of dinner they took me downtown to a familiar ice cream shop. They said it was a cool shop because they sing. Can you guess what ice cream shop? If you are thinking of Cold Stone, you are correct! I forget what I ordered…I think it was something like sweet cream cookie delight????? Well, whatever it was, it was delicious!

We walked around a few shops and came to the conclusion that the clothes were much too expensive. They suggested that I shop at outlet stores, which then kind of segued into them saying that next time we hang out, they will take me to some good outlet stores…and then a famous temple. I’ll for sure share that story with you once that day comes. Until then, have a good weekend, and so sorry for not taking to many pictures on this day…I’ll try to do better next time ;)

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment